Monday, November 16, 2009

Questions from weekend shift

Just a sampling of the kinds of questions we got at the desk this busy Sunday:

-need study room or space to practice Spanish
-need to find a court case and history; it was a Supreme Court case and needed to find out if it went through state court system (used Westlaw)
-how do I check out a book?
-need to find biographical info about anthropologist Michelle Habell-Pallan (her CV was online)
-what is "Request at ILL" and how do I get it?
-what is NRLF?
-the books I want are checked out, what can I do?
-just starting research on the topic of human sacrifice and offerings (used Cruzcat subject headings)
-how do I print?
-I need a pen
-need a book about prefixes and suffixes
-UC-eLinks not working (we owned the book)
-can I take Ref books to another floor?
-can't find call number RC
-need books and articles about Australian aboriginal dreams (used subject headings in Cruzcat and Ebsco)
-book checked out until December?
-where are the elevators?
-where are the HB call numbers?
-I don't understand how the moving stacks work
-I need Latin-English, Greek-English, legal, and medical dictionaries
-couldn't find book (it was on Reserve)
-having difficulty using UC-eLinks
-book is checked out, need by tomorrow (we found it at SCPL)
-where are the newspapers?
-need to do research on the history of American Sign Language
-about 5 more questions on not finding call numbers (they were looking in Ref Stacks)

No comments: