Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reference Service - 6/14 to 6/18

Hello Ref Deskers,

I wanted to share a temporary change in reference service for the week of June 14-18th. I'm sending this message to you because you typically work on the Reference desk during the summer. If I have neglected to include anyone on this list, please let me know.

During the week of June 14-18, the week between Finals and Summer Session, Reference desk assistance provided at both McH and S&E libraries will be shifted to the Access desk. This temporary change is to allow Access Services to deploy their staff to shelf-reading and shelving in the stacks. Reference hours starting this week are 1p-5p, and again, you would work your regular reference shift(s) at the Access desk.

This means that we will provide very basic circulation assistance as well as research assistance at the Circulation desk. Access services staff will provide training, and an access staff person (most likely Molly) and a student will be available as back-up.

I understand you undoubtedly have questions about this, so I have scheduled the McH instruction room for a half-hour meeting tomorrow, Friday the 14th, from 9:30-10am. I hope to see you there.

thank you,

Lucia

No comments: